Monday, October 19, 2015

I am the way, the truth, and the life...

Howdy from Texas! This past week has been a pretty uplifting and humbling week for me. I have strengthened my testimony of the Savior's atonement tremendously and I am so very thankful for his tender mercies in my life.

My Ponderize scripture for this next week will be John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. This scripture means so much to me. I know that the only way back to our Heavenly Father is through our Savior's atonement and grace. He is the way to eternal life and is the source of all truth. Through the power of his atonement, we can receive everlasting life and be able to experience the joys of living in our Heavenly Father's presence again someday.

This past Tuesday we had the chance to have our zone meeting with President Slaughter. It was amazing! Many of the speakers were from our zone and talked about many different things that would benefit us in becoming better missionaries. The topic that President Slaughter shared during our meeting was Blessings and Healings. He talked about how the healing that we receive through blessings are predicated upon our faith and trust in the Lord's healing power and will for us. One of the sisters in our zone talked about having enduring conversion in and after our missions. One of the biggest things that I have focused on here in my mission is being truly converted to the gospel. I am so very thankful that I have this opportunity to learn and progress in the gospel and to be able to continue developing my testimony and love for the gospel. One of our zone leaders had a really spiritual message as well. He talked about the characteristic of being consecrated. He talked about how sacrifice is a major part in being consecrated. To be consecrated is to dedicate formally to a religious or divine purpose. As missionaries, we dedicate these two years to the Lord and consecrate our actions to how he would act if he were here. I know as I live a more consecrated life here in the mission field, I will be able to see blessings and miracles all around me. I want to continue to live a consecrated life after my mission.

This past week has been a little different than the previous weeks before. We put a lot of focus on the less active / member families and extended invitations through being more active in the gospel and receiving temple blessings. We also got a new investigator this past week who is Brian. He was introduced to us by the zone leaders at church while they were attending the Spanish ward. The funny thing is he doesn't speak Spanish! Haha he goes with a family who he is living with and has the oldest roughly translate for him. Because we are the English elders in our area, we were able to start giving him the missionary lessons. We taught him the restoration this past Tuesday and he says he is ready to be baptized! We are really excited to continue teaching him and to see him progress and develop his testimony. We want to continue to help him prepare for baptism this next week.

Throughout this past week we invited our investigators and less actives to the open house we had at the church this past Saturday. With all our efforts, not many were able to make it, but we all were still edified in continuing to share the gospel and to bring souls unto Christ.

The culture here is great! The people here are very nice and are always willing to help with whatever you need. The food here is amazing! The barbecue they have is to die for! Every time we bike through our area at night, we can always smell Texas barbecue.

Even though it is October, it still gets pretty hot and gets up to the high 90's. It has been a pretty hot change but its been really good.

This is kind of a short email but I am so thankful for all the emails that you guys send me. They have brought me a lot of happiness to know that all is well back at home. I have been having such an amazing experience and it has all been going by so fast! I want to be able to enjoy it as much as i can. It is truly a blessing to be a missionary.

Love you all!
Elder Munro




No comments:

Post a Comment