Monday, July 25, 2016

What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

Dear Family Friends,

It's Transfer week! It has been exciting working here in this area with Elder Markman and I'm truly blessed to have had such a great companion. I have learned many great teaching skills and all around how to be a more fully consecrated servant of the Lord. We got transfer calls this morning and I will be staying here in this area fro another 6 Weeks. Elder Markman will be heading up to Austin so it will be exciting for him to see the mission from up at the capital. I will be getting my new companion, Elder Giddens tomorrow morning. I can't wait for this transfer and for the miracles that are ahead of us. It will be fun working with Elder Giddens as I have been able to work around him in the past. I can't wait for the people we will teach and for the opportunities ahead to hasten the work and to beautify our area. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to serve here in the Texas San Antonio mission.

Very recently I have been thinking a lot about the Prophet Joseph Smith and the role that he played in the restoration of the gospel. I have also thought about the importance of latter-day prophets who lead and guide us today. We read in Doctrine and Covenants 1:37-38:  "Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.  What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."

We can have full confidence in the words of ancient and latter-day prophets. We can trust in what they are counseling us to do. We can know that they are God's mouthpiece here on the earth and as we follow Him as well as the prophet, we will not be lead astray but remain on the strait and narrow path that leads back to our Heavenly Father. We are so blessed to have his constant guidance and direction in our lives.

Earlier this week we had a lesson with Bro. Dalrymple and talked about his experience being baptized and the importance in renewing our covenants through the ordinance of the sacrament. It is a blessing that we can feel just as clean as when we were baptized as we partake of the sacrament and as we repent with a humble heart and a contrite spirit. We also discussed many of the basic principles that we live that help us on the path such as having continual faith in Jesus Christ and in repenting on a daily basis. The gospel truly is simple and is essential for our happiness and peace in this life and our eternal progression.

Later in the week we also had the opportunity to teach his daughters boyfriend, Jared, which when very well. It was neat being able to show him how both the Bible and the Book of Mormon go hand in hand and help us draw closer to our Savior and learn of Him and His gospel. As we read from the Book of Mormon and develop our testimony of it, we begin to crystallize our testimony and love for the bible as well. The Book of Mormon provides so many amazing insights that help broaden our view and understanding of our purpose in life and how we can achieve eternal happiness.

We were able to meet with Tiffany who has recently been investigating the church and we had a wonderful lesson with her at the beginning of last week. We discussed how the restoration has blessed our lives and will give her the unity that she desires with her family. She expressed that her brother is a member and it has brought her a lot of joy to see how happy he is to be a Latter-day Saint. Family has always meant a lot to her and we talked about the blessings that we receive as we live the gospel and continue learning more about our Savior. We hope to continue visiting with her and helping her see the blessings that she can receive through baptism. I hope that she will feel of her Savior's love for her and she will feel of the peace that comes through the restored gospel.

We had a wonderful lesson with a less-active member Bro. Watson. We talked about the peace that we receive as we repent and forgive ourselves from our past mistakes. I know that the Atonement is infinite and eternal and is our escape from pain and sin. How truly blessed we are to feel of the enabling powers of the Atonement and the love of our Savior. He loves us so much and desires us to use His Atonement so that we don't have to suffer. On a day to day basis we can feel of His power and influence in our lives as we go to Him in prayer and as we study His word through the scriptures. As we learn of our Savior and feel of His love for us, we will grow in our desire to help others feel of His love and mercy in their lives.

The gospel means so much to me. I do not know where I would be with out it in my life. It has given me a strong foundation and a secure anchor so that when the winds and the hail of trials come before me, I am not moved. How grateful I am for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for His tender mercies in my life. I continue to see so many improvements that I can make but I know that through His help I can grow into who my Heavenly Father needs me to become. I know as you all embrace the gospel and hold fast to the faith, you will not be lead astray but be lead safely home to our Heavenly Father.

Thank you so much for the prayers of support and protection. They are truly appreciated! I love you all so much!

With love,

Elder Munro


No comments:

Post a Comment