Monday, September 26, 2016

"Blessed are ye if ye shall give heed unto the words of these twelve whom I have chosen from among you to minister unto you..."

Dear Family and Friends,

What a great week! It has been such a blessing to serve here in this mission among the great people of San Antonio. I continue to find so many blessings in serving here and for the wonderful people that we have been teaching.  It has been a tender mercy to experience the influence of the Spirit in great abundance  I can't express how grateful I am for this gospel and for missionary work.

I would love to share a scripture that I found in my studies in preparation for General conference. It is in 3 Nephi 12:1 "...Blessed are ye if ye shall give heed unto the words of these twelve whom I have chosen from among you to minister unto you, and to be your servants; and unto them I have given power that they may baptize you with water; and after that ye are baptized with water, behold, I will baptize you with fire and with the Holy Ghost; therefore blessed are ye if ye shall believe in me and be baptized, after that ye have seen me and know that I am."

We have such an amazing opportunity to hear from prophets and apostles this coming weekend. We are able to receive divine council and guidance from our Heavenly Father  through His chosen servants. It brings me great peace and comfort to know that we are being lead and guided by our Heavenly Father through His servants in these Latter-Days. I am always spiritually filled as I listen to their council and embrace their teachings. I would invite you to write down questions and concerns that you may have as you prepare for General conference. I know as you watch General conference with a sincere desire to follow our Heavenly Father and to obey His gospel, you will receive answers to your questions and concerns through the power of the Holy Ghost. How exciting it is to hear from a living prophet!

This past week, we have been doing many different less active visits through out both the SA 3rd and Braun Heights wards. We were able to visit with John Slaughter and discussed the importance in staying anchored in the Gospel of Christ. We become anchored as we keep His commandments and follow the example of our Savior. We also had a wonderful lesson with JR Martin where we discussed the importance in making right choices and in following the gospel path. JR was recently baptized but has become busy with work and hasn't been able to come to church as often. We hope to continue visits with him in the future so that he can become more active in the gospel.

On Wednesday, I was able to go on exchanges with our Zone Leaders, Elder Christensen and Elder Jacobs. We had a pretty enjoyable time as we helped each other with the goals that we have made and we all learned a lot. It was fun being able to catch up with Elder Christensen, he being my first trainer when I came into the mission. It turns out that he will be going home this transfer. It is crazy to me how fast time has gone by. Throughout the exchange, I learned a lot about the importance in being unified with our companions and ways in which we can better apply gospel principles to those that we are teaching. It has been a great blessing for me to learn from my leaders and to be strengthened by their council.

Yesterday, we were able to see Stevan at church and he had a very great time. He said that he learned a lot and wants to come back next Sunday to watch General Conference! We are excited to help him in his journey in learning more about the gospel. I feel as he continues keeping his commitments to pray, read from the Book of Mormon and go to church, he will have a stronger ability to keep greater invitations that we extend and eventually be baptized. We are excited to see him progress and grow!

I know that this gospel is true! Our Savior lives and is our rock and our salvation. His church is once again restored upon the earth and is being lead by a living prophet today. How amazing it is to have the fulness of the gospel upon the earth today! I know as we follow our Savior through the trials that we face, we will become stronger and better prepared to return with our families to our Heavenly Father's presence.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

With love,

Elder Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment