Monday, October 10, 2016

Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

Dear Family and Friends,

The gospel is amazing! I am so very thankful for this mission and for the experiences that I have been having here. It is truly a blessing to labor among God's children in the mission field. I can't express how blessed we truly are to have the gospel in its fulness here upon the earth. During my studies this morning, I had the opportunity to read in 3 Nephi 11. It is truly amazing to read of Christ's teachings in the Americas. I love his words in verses 10 and 11:  "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.  And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning."

It brings me great comfort to know that He is the light and the life of the world. Through His atoning sacrifice, we can be made clean, pure, and holy. It is through Him that we can overcome sicknesses and pains of every kind. It is through Him that we are able to receive of the greatest gift of God; eternal life in His presence. I truly hope that we all can live in such a way that we can give thanks to the precious gift of His Atonement.

We had some great visits this past week and had a wonderful time with the less actives and investigators of our areas. Earlier this week we had the chance to visit with Hector who had recently been less active but has shown interest in coming back to church. We had a great lesson where we talked about our anchor of faith in the gospel and how we can use our faith to overcome the daily trials and challenges that we face in the last days.

We also were able to contact a referral who requested a church movie online. We went by their home and it turned out that they just moved to San Antonio from Laredo, Texas and that they are members. They wanted to see the 'Finding Faith in Christ' DVD and requested help from the missionaries in moving some belongings in their house. Moises and Maria both have amazing testimonies of the gospel and desire to come to church but unfortunately have to work on Sundays. It was a neat experience being able to get to know them and their sincere desires to be an eternal family. We hope to visit with them again in the near future to help and support them in the gospel.

We had a great visit with John this past Saturday and we were able to give him a church tour of the chapel. He asked a lot of good questions and as we showed him the baptismal font and the pictures around the building, we taught of the importance and significance of baptism. As we are baptized, we make promises or covenants with our Heavenly Father. As we keep our promises that we have made, our Heavenly Father will bless us throughout our lives and to eventually receive eternal life. It was neat to have a church tour with John and I hope to see him coming to church these next few weeks so that he can experience the spirit and light of the gospel.

I am so very thankful for this gospel and for the many eternal blessings that I have received in being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't express how thankful I am for the knowledge that we are sons and daughters of God with a divine destiny to become like him. I truly hope that we all can live to our true potential to who we can become. Our Heavenly Father desires all of us to become like him, to have joy and to live in His presence for eternity.

Have a wonderful week!

With love,

Elder Munro


No comments:

Post a Comment