Monday, January 18, 2016

I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth...

Howdy from Texas! This has been a great week and I am so very thankful for my Savior and for his Gospel. I know as we continuously strive to live the Gospel and increase our love and devotion to our Savior, he will support us in our trials and will help us reach our eternal potential.

My ponderize scripture for this week is D&C 110:3-4 : His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:  I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father. I love this scripture because of the many different characteristics that describe our Savior. He truly is the only way for us to make it back to our heavenly home. We can always look to our Savior for help, guidance, and peace.

We have had a really great week! We are now able to cover the 10th Ward and the Spanish Las Palmas Ward in the South Zone. We have been having a lot of success with finding new investigators and working with the Las Palmas members. We were able to run into many less active members as well as a deaf member who has been less active for a long time. It was really neat being able to communicate with him and to see his desire for us to come by again. It has been a great opportunity to see the members coordinate and fellowship our investigators so that they have a strong foundation as they are learning more about the Gospel.

Yesterday we had the opportunity to have Esme's baptism! It was such a great day being able to see her baptized and become clean. This Gospel is truly the greatest blessing that we have in our lives and I am so very thankful for those who desire to come into the fold and become part of our Heavenly Father's kingdom. He truly loves us so much that He provided us a way to return and live with Him again someday.

Gregg will also be baptized this coming Saturday as well! We are so excited for him and can't wait for him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and to be able to receive the priesthood.

This is kind of a short email but I want to thank you all for the letters and emails! I hope you all have a great week!


Love,

Elder Munro

Elder Munro, Elder Nelson, Elder Brough, Esme

No comments:

Post a Comment