Monday, January 4, 2016

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...

Howdy from Texas! I am so very thankful for this gospel and for the opportunity to be on a mission. I am so very thankful for the chance to see others change and become converted to the Gospel and to our Savior. Our Heavenly Father truly loves us immensely and wants us to return to live with Him again someday. For this week for my ponderize scripture I wanted to focus on our purpose as missionaries in Matthew 28:19-20: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 

As well as this scripture, our mission got a new Missionary Purpose Statement that really focuses on the importance and sacredness of our calling:

"I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, called of Him through prophecy and revelation, and assigned to serve in the Texas San Antonio Mission.  I have been sent to teach repentance and baptize converts.  This is who I am and this is why I am here!

I invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

My decision has been made. I've put my hand to the plough. I've crossed the line.  So as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Every Sister, every Elder, all in!"

I love our new missionary purpose because of the significance and sacredness of our calling. I also love that as we dedicate and consecrate ourselves, we will qualify for the miracles and blessings found in our Savior's work. This truly is the work of the Lord and will roll forth nobly and boldly till all will be blessed to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This past week has been really amazing. We were able to spend a lot of time with the less active members of the church in helping them become active again. It was great as well to spend time with the 10th Ward this past New Years celebration. There was a lot of fireworks and celebration in San Antonio. I love being able to look back on the year and see all of the many blessings that have happened to me and my family. I love also being able to make new goals and to strive to become more dedicated and converted to our Savior and his Gospel. I know as we make inspired goals and as we make a dedicated plan, we will be able to achieve them and become who our Heavenly Father wants us to become.

We had the opportunity this last week to start teaching a new investigator Esme. She has been really receptive to the gospel and she has a desire to be baptized on the 17th of this month! We're so excited to be able to go back and teach and help prepare her for baptism. We have also made a goal to help Gregg with getting baptized this month as well. He is incredibly ready and we hope that he will be able to overcome his concerns with being baptized. I know as we continue to go and teach by the spirit, we will be able to help him see the happiness and joy that comes from being baptized.

Yesterday we had the opportunity to have Obed's baptism! It was such an amazing experience to see Obed be baptized and to enter into the covenant of baptism and become a member of the church. It was very neat being able to sing 'Families Can Be Together Forever' at the end and to think that in a year from now, he will be able to have his family sealed for time and all eternity. I am so very thankful for our Heavenly Father's plan that we can return to live with him along with our families for forever someday. I am so very thankful for my family and for our Heavenly Father's love for each and everyone of us.

I cannot express how thankful I am for this Gospel and for our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness. I am so very thankful for the tender mercies that come from our Savior and for the miracles that we see every day. I know that our Savior lives and loves us without end. He has given us this Gospel so that we can find happiness and joy here and a fullness of joy in the world to come. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and as we read and ponder its message, we will be fortified and strengthened through our trials and challenges. I know that we will never be left alone as we come unto Christ and become yoked with him. He will always be by our side.

Thank you all for the emails and for the letters! Hope you all had a great New Years celebration! Love y'all!

Love,

Elder Munro


Mom: hey mom! How was the news years celebration? Hope you all had a great time! Love ya!!

Elder Munro, Obed, Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment