Tuesday, June 14, 2016

And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfers are here! It turns out I will be leaving for a new area! I will be going to the Hill Country Zone and I will be serving in the Evans Ranch and Indian Springs wards. I will be getting my new companion, Elder Markman tomorrow and I can't wait to start a new journey again and to find those who are prepared to receive the restored gospel. I cannot express how much of a blessing it has been to serve along side Elder Gardner and to be companions. I have really enjoyed the way that he teaches and how he is able to truly teach people according to their needs. Many memories have been made and I am excited for him to go on another journey as well.

The scripture I would like to share this week is in Mosiah 2:41: "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." I love how it says the blessed and happy state of hose who keep the commandments of God. The commandments are there to protect us and will always make us happier and free from guilt and sorrow. Our Heavenly Father desires to bless us both temporally and spiritually. I know as we hold out faithful till the end, we truly will receive an eternal reward in our Heavenly Father's presence.

This past week we were able to have a lot of great visits with our current investigators as well as the less actives that we have been working with. On Saturday we were able to visit with Lemoey and talked with him about repentance and the Atonement and discussed how it can truly become personal to each of us what Christ went through. I am forever grateful for the price our Savior paid and for His sufferings for us. I am so very thankful for His infinite Atonement and that we are able to experience peace and comfort and an escape from our sins and mistakes. We were also able to visit with Bro. Gauvearu, a less active and discussed the peace that can come through our Savior's Atonement as we pass through trials and as we look forward to the future. We need to look to the future and to the blessings that our Heavenly Father desires to give us.

Sacrament meeting on Sunday was very spiritual for me in being able to partake of the sacrament in remembrance of our Savior and His sacrifice. Throughout my mission, I have gained a greater love for the Sabbath day and especially in partaking of the sacrament. How amazing it is that we can consistently renew our covenants and have a fresh start to every week. I know as we truly partake worthily and keep our thoughts and desires focused and centered during sacrament meeting, the spirit and love of our Savior will enter into our lives not only during sacrament meeting but for the whole week. The blessing of the constant companionship of his spirit is truly an amazing gift and we should strive constantly to keep Him always with us as well.

Tomorrow, our mission president, President Slaughter will be ending his mission and will be leaving for home. Time has gone by so fast and it is crazy to me that he is already going home. I cannot express how great of a mission president he is. He truly is a disciple of the Lord, Jesus Christ and it has been an immense blessing being able to learn from him and receive his guidance. He has truly inspired me to be a more consecrated and dedicated missionary of the Lord. I know with out a doubt that I am supposed to be here in the Texas San Antonio mission. The many things that I have been learning here, the people I meet, and the knowledge of the gospel continues to testify to me that I have been sent here by divine revelation. How thankful I am to be able to serve here and to learn how I can be a better disciple of Jesus Christ.

This gospel is true! I know it with all of my heart. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ lives. He is the Way. He is our hope to returning back home to our Heavenly Father's presence. I know that Joseph Smith saw them in glory and was able to restore Christ's church again upon the earth. By the power of God, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. The priesthood is once again upon the earth and with its power is used by our prophet Thomas S. Monson to lead and guide it today. How grateful I am that we are able to have the restored gospel here upon the earth. Our Heavenly Father truly loves us so much and wants us back home. I know as we do our best, grow our testimonies and remain faithful to the covenants we make, we will return to his presence with a fulness of joy.

Thank you for all that you have done for me. I am so very thankful for my wonderful family and friends. Hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Munro


No comments:

Post a Comment