Monday, June 20, 2016

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a pretty great start to transfers! The Wards that Elder Markman and I are covering are a full-bike area! It has been a great time for me to have a change from the car to the bike. I am very excited to see how the transfer will go and for the miracles that we will see as we converse with the people of San Antonio. One scripture that I found in my studies that really spoke to me is in Isaiah 40:31: "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." I know as we wait upon the promises of the Lord and keep the covenants that we have made, we will be able to receive strength and guidance in all that we do. His promises will always be fulfilled as we keep our promises to Him.

This week went by very fast! Time seems to go by a lot faster as we have been riding on bikes from lesson to lesson. Our area is pretty hilly too so there is a lot of great hills to climb and fast valleys to fly through. Sometimes it can get pretty tough but there is always growth to be made both spiritually and physically. I am thankful for the challenges that my Heavenly Father gives to me so that I can grow and become who He needs me to become. I know He is always with us through every trial and challenge that we face and we can always call on Him through prayer for help and guidance. I am excited for the things that I will learn and for the miracles that we will see in this area.

We were able to do a lot of great visits this week for both active members, less actives, and high potentials. We visited with the Falcons who are a less active family and had a great lesson about the restoration of the gospel and how important it was that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His son, Jesus Christ. That single moment revealed so much to us of the true nature of our Heavenly Father and His love and care for us. Bro. Falcon knew quite a lot about the church and shared many great insights. I hope we can continue meeting with and help them be able to attend church so they can increase in their faith in the Savior and His gospel. We also met with a part member family, the Kirtlands and visited with Bro. Kirtland's wife, Elaine and read with them about the Atonement of Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon. It was pretty hilarious for them to find out that I was from Idaho because they too were from the "Promised Land". It was a great time visiting with them and we hope to continue fellow-shipping Elaine and helping her receive a witness of the truthfulness of the gospel.

On Friday we had a great visit with Salvador and Silvi Nassari who have been interested in the church and in the Book of Mormon. It has been very amazing to see how prepared they are and for the sincere interest that they have to learn and understand truth. It was very neat to see Salvador talk about the comparison from the Bible to the Book of Mormon and how they both testify of Jesus Christ and witness of Him. I can't wait to be able to extend a baptismal invitation to them this next week and hope that the Spirit will testify to them that these things are true and that the gospel will help them through their trials and challenges. Next week will be exciting!

Next Saturday, Indian Springs will have their new church open house and many of the members families and friends are planning on coming so we are very excited for all that will come to learn more about the church and Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I can't wait to see the miracles of the next transfer. I am very excited for the people that I will meet and for the amazing opportunities that are ahead. I know that as we extend and exercise our faith, we will see the work move forward in great measures. I love the quote by Pres. Thomas S. Monson "The future is as bright as your faith".  I hope that we may continue to exercise our faith in the Savior's healing powers and His ability to change and mold us to be true disciples of Jesus Christ.

Thank you all for the support and love! I hope you all are enjoying the summer. Have an awesome week!

Love,

Elder Munro



No comments:

Post a Comment