Monday, February 15, 2016

"For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Howdy from Texas! This has been a very great week for us in the Lord's work. We have seen many miracles and I am so very thankful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary. I continue to find many tender mercies in the work and in my own life. I know that this is our Heavenly Father's work to bring to pass our happiness and joy; for us to experience all of the blessings that He experiences.

My ponderize scripture for this week is going to be Moses 1:39 "For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I know that our Heavenly Father desires us to not only be happy and have peace in this life, but He wants us to return to live with Him again someday. Our Heavenly Father has created a perfect plan to accomplish His purpose in reaching our eternal goal and destiny.

This week has been a really great week! We have been able to go by many less active members from both the Las Palmas Ward and Tenth Ward and have been finding a lot of success. Daniel Brooks has been progressing extremely well! Dealing with the word of wisdom, he has been able to go from a high amount of nicotine dosage in his e-cigarettes to virtually nothing now! This has truly been a remarkable blessing and I know that our Heavenly Father has been helping him overcome these things. Each time we go by for a visit and for a lesson, we have been able to see his desires grow in being baptized! I am so very thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with those who are prepared to receive and live the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Juan Cruz has been progressing a lot as well. It will be exciting in the coming weeks to see him receive the Melchizedek priesthood and receive his endowments in the temple. We haven't been able to go by Sophia and Carlos too much but we are hoping we can help them be prepared for their baptisms at the end of this month. It's always a great time being able to teach Ramone as well. He has an amazing spirit about him and it's truly amazing being able to hear his spot on comments in the lessons and in classes at church. I am very excited to see him baptized this coming March!

I can't express how much I love this Gospel. Our Heavenly Father knows and loves us perfectly. He is always there to help in time of need. I know as we go to our Heavenly Father in prayer, no matter how small or large our problems may be, we will be able to feel of His light and love for us. As we seek in faith, we will receive answers to our sincere prayers. He desires so much for us to be happy and to enjoy life here on earth. I testify that our Savior, Jesus Christ lives. Through His atonement, we can be freed from sin and become new again. He is the source of peace and comfort and will always be there to help us on our path and journey back to our Heavenly Father. I testify that Joseph Smith truly did see our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I am so very thankful for the restoration of the gospel so that we can learn our Heavenly Father's plan and return to live with Him along with our families for eternity.

I hope you all have an amazing week! You all mean so much to me!


Love,
Elder Munro


Pics of their visit to the Alamo for P-day.



No comments:

Post a Comment