Monday, February 29, 2016

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed

Hello everyone! This week has been a very great week for us in the work of the Lord. I strive everyday to improve and to become who the Lord needs me to become. It's amazing being able to see how much a mission is changing me and helping me to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I cannot express the blessings that I have received as I have been out on my mission. This truly is the restored gospel here upon the earth. We are so blessed to know where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going after this life. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and desires all of us to experience the fullness of His Gospel.

My ponderize scripture for this week will be in Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." No matter what we are going through, our Heavenly Father is always there to help us and strengthen us in times of trial. He loves us so much and desires each of us to be happy and to experience joy here on earth. He gives us trials here on earth because He knows they will make us stronger and that our love for Him and our testimonies will grow deeper. I am eternally grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. He will always be by our side to help us along the way back to our heavenly home.

Daniel has been progressing pretty well. We weren't able to have his baptism this past Sunday but we are hoping that he will be ready and prepared in the coming weeks when we visit him some more. We are so excited to see him baptized! Ramon has been doing well as also. His knowledge of the gospel has been strengthened as well as his desires to be baptized. It's amazing to see how well he has been able to retain the missionary lessons that we have given him. We can't wait to see him baptized as well!

We are just waiting for Juan Cruz to get his interview with the stake president and then he will be ready to go to the temple! It will be an amazing experience seeing him and his family at the temple. We've been able to go by and visit Greg as well. He's been doing really good! It's great being able to see his faith and knowledge of the gospel grow. We also look forward to seeing the Lozanos become active again in the church and seeing them go to the temple. It has been such a blessing being able to see so much potential in this area. I know as we exercise our faith in the Savior, we will be able to further see miracles in the Lord's work.

On Friday, we had the opportunity to have a zone conference with all of the near by Zones in San Antonio. A lot of the training's that we received was for strengthening our abilities in listening and understanding others in the lessons. Throughout the whole meeting, a major emphasis was on less actives and part member families. They are often called the 'Gold Mine' because of the incredible potential in finding those who are receptive and ready to be baptized. Being able to work along side members helps fortify their desires to stay active in the church. It is such a great opportunity being able to work with the less actives and part member families in our area. There is so much potential and this truly is such an effective way of doing missionary work! The council that we receive from our leaders is truly inspired. I know as we reach out to those who are less active, we will be able to help them return to the church and enjoy again the amazing blessings that are found in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am eternally grateful for this Gospel and for this opportunity to serve a mission. I know that my Savior lives and loves us all so much. It is so amazing to think that the true Gospel is here upon the earth and that we have a safe way back to our Heavenly Father. The path may be hard, but it will all be worth it in the end as we live the gospel and continue strengthening our love for our Savior and our Heavenly Father. As we continue to keep our Heavenly Father's commandments, we will be protected from the outside forces that try to distract us. We can always find peace and protection from our Heavenly Father and our Savior.

Thank you all for the love and the prayers!! You all mean so much to me. Hope you all have a great week!!



Love,

Elder Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment