Monday, February 1, 2016

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you...

Howdy from Texas! This has been such an exciting week for me and for our mission. My faith and testimony of this gospel has been growing tremendously. I have been striving to strengthen my desire to learn more about the gospel as well as to strengthen my skills in missionary work. My ponderize scripture for this week will be in D&C 68:6 : "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." I love the first sentence to this scripture in that we should "Be of good cheer". Not only do we have the gospel, the church, and our families that bring us immense joy, but our Savior has said in John 16:33 : "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." Because our Savior overcame the world, we are able to have His peace and forgiveness in our lives. Through Him we are able to be of good cheer because of His infinite gift; His Atoning sacrifice.

This past week has been filled with a lot of teaching appointments! We have been giving the temple prep class to Juan Cruz in the Las Palmas Ward. He is in his late 80s and he is very fun to talk to in Spanish. I am so excited to be able to see him get his endowments as well as receive the Melchizedek priesthood. Yesterday, we had the opportunity to teach Claudia and Gabby Hernandez the restoration of the Gospel and how it blesses the family. They have a lot of potential to be baptized this coming month. We also received a new referral from the sisters in our zone for a part member family; the Brooks family. We taught about the plan of salvation as well as our purpose here on earth to ultimately return to live with our Heavenly Father again someday. The father of the family, Daniel Brooks, has accepted a baptismal date for the 28th of this month! We're thinking that he is going to progress very fast so we may make his date even sooner. We have been going by a lot of our recent coverts as well as the less actives in our zone. We have been striving to really connect the Ward with those who are baptized and starting to become active again in the church.

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to have both Obed and Esme confirmed as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was very neat being able to stand in the circle as both of them became members of the Lord's true church. Gregg was able to receive the Aaronic priesthood as well! We are excited to help him with his family history so he can go to the temple to do the ordinances for his deceased ancestors.

We also received information as to whether we would be transferred from our zones or if we would be staying. It turns out that I will be staying here in the South zone for another 6 weeks! I am so very thankful for the opportunity to be able to serve here in this area and to meet so many good people in San Antonio, Texas. I have grown to love the people in this area, especially the members and investigators that we visit and teach. This is truly a humbling experience being able to help others experience the joys of living the gospel and being unified and strengthened in the Lord's church.

I can't express how thankful I am for this Gospel. I know that my Savior lives and that he loves us all so much. I testify that he atoned for all the sins and mistakes that we have made and as we turn to him, we will find peace and joy here in this life. He has felt all of our pains, sicknesses and weaknesses that we have. He knows and loves us perfectly and desires to help us in times of need. As we continue to follow him and and endure to the end, we will qualify for the blessings of eternal life. I am so very thankful for eternal families; that we all can live together in the presence of our Heavenly Father with a fullness of joy.


Thank you all for you emails and the letters that you send. They bring me a lot of joy in hearing how everything is going back home. Remember that as we hold on to the rod and to our foundation which is Christ and His Gospel, we cannot fall. I hope you all have an amazing week.


Love,

Elder Munro

 Lackland Airforce Base (P-day visit)
Tracting in the nearby barrio (neighborhood).

No comments:

Post a Comment