Monday, May 23, 2016

For they became a righteous people; they did lay down the weapons of their rebellion...

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a great week for us here in the Helotes and Sonoma Ranch area. We are continuing to find many blessings in the work and I am thankful for the help and guidance from our Heavenly Father to to aid Him in His work. What an amazing time it is to do missionary work! It has been such a blessing to be on a mission and to see lives change and improve. It has been very special to see the light of Christ come into people's lives and for the peace and comfort that they receive. One scripture I really enjoyed this week in my studies is found in Alma 23:7-8: "For they became a righteous people; they did lay down the weapons of their rebellion, that they did not fight against God any more, neither against any of their brethren. Now, these are they who were converted unto the Lord." Is there anything in our lives that is holding us back from experiencing the full blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ? Do we have weapons of rebellion that we can lay down so we can become better disciples of Jesus Christ? I know as we find things that we can improve upon and that we can change in our lives, we will find the peace and joy of the gospel flow into our lives. The comfort that comes through living the gospel and the eternal blessings found in His church are forever worth more than the weapons of rebellion that we all carry. How much joy we find as we give our whole hearts to our Heavenly Father and chose to be a righteous people and to be His disciples.

On Tuesday, our district had the opportunity to go on exchanges so that we could learn from each other and help each other in our own specific areas. I had the opportunity to stay in my area for the day with a new missionary, Elder Williams. It was a pretty great time being able to help and train him in a few aspects and skills in missionary work. It was very neat seeing the great skills that he has already in contacting others and referring quickly and simply to the restoration of the gospel. I'm excited to see Elder Williams grow and strengthen his skills in missionary work and to see him succeed. I love our district!

Through out this week, we have had the opportunity to visit with many members from the Ward council to discuss how we can best help and strengthen the Ward in their missionary efforts. We were able to receive many different assignments from the bishops and we are excited to help out with all that we can do. I truly strive to be a blessing and not a burden to the members here in this area. I strive to help them know of my sincerity in helping them strengthen the members and in finding missionary opportunities.

We have also had the opportunity to visit with active members and have been sharing a message about the importance of the Book of Mormon. I love the video called 'Testimony of the Book of Mormon' by Jeffrey R. Holland. It is incredible to know just how much Joseph Smith went through to bring forth the restoration of the gospel and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. He would have never went through what he did if the work that he was engaged in wasn't true. He truly did help bring back the fulness of the truths that we need so that we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. How blessed we are to have the gospel once again upon the earth!

Thus far on my mission, I have developed a greater love for the scriptures as well as words from latter-day prophets in this dispensation. My love for the missionary manual, Preach My Gospel, has grown immensely as well. There are so many amazing things that all of us can take from it and incorporate into our lives. Preach My Gospel is not just for missionaries, it is for all members as well. I would like to invite everyone to read from Preach My Gospel and seek how you can become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I know as you do so, a greater light will come into your life and you will have the strength to find missionary opportunities around you.

I am so very thankful for this gospel. It is truly a solid foundation upon which we can build our families and our lives upon. It is the source in which we can find peace though trials and difficulty and were we can have a fulness of joy. It is incomprehensible to know how much our Heavenly Father loves us and desires us to partake of his gospel and the blessings that are found in his church. I am so very thankful to my father in heaven for giving us a Savior that we, through him, can overcome sin and death and be made worthy to return to His presence someday.


I hope you all have a great week. Love you!



Elder Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment