Monday, May 2, 2016

Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfers are here! Turns out I will be leaving my area for the first time! I will be going to the Helotes and Sanoma Ranch area of West San Antonio. My new companion with be Elder Gardner who I will be able to meet tomorrow. I am so excited and I can't wait to continue learning and progressing to become the disciple the Lord needs me to be. I look forward to the future in my new area and for the work that is there. I can't express how much of a blessing it has been being able to work with the members of Las Palmas and 10th Ward. It has truly strengthened my testimony and faith in the gospel as we have gone out on less-active visits and in strengthening the efforts of the Ward altogether. I have developed many great memories in this area and most of all the recent converts here. It has been a tender blessing being able to see lives change and come unto Christ. It has been so special seeing them active and enjoying the peace and joy that the gospel brings. I know as they continue living and cherishing the gospel, they will find many treasures of peace and happiness here in this life and eternal joy in the world to come. I love the commandment that our Savior gives all of us in 3 Nephi 27:20: "Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day."  Not only must we have faith and repent before we can be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, but we must continue changing and realigning our lives with our heavenly fathers will, this in turn helps us be sanctified by the spirit and always retain a remission of our sins. How amazing it is that we can continuously be sanctified and cleansed by the Spirit as we follow our Savior and live His gospel.

Yesterday we were able to have Juan confirmed a member of the church and receive the Holy Ghost. It was so special to think that the Oliveira family are now all members of the church and are united together. We just need them to get to the temple! That will be amazing being able to have them sealed together as an eternal family. I can wait to be able to write them in the future and see how they are doing and how they are progressing. Fast and testimony meeting was very powerful as well. It was neat being able to feel of the Spirit and faith that the Ward has.

On Wednesday we were able to have a lesson with bro. Cantu, a less active member about the importance of the Book of Mormon in our lives. It is amazing to think about how much peace and joy that the Book of Mormon brings into our lives. Our Heavenly Father has given us another testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ which helps us stay firm and strong on the path that leads us back to our Heavenly Father's presence. I know as we hold fast to the iron rod and never let go, we will be able to overcome the temptations and trials of this world. We will have the strength to press forward with a steadfastness in Christ and receive of the promise of our Heavenly Father in receiving eternal life.

I know that this gospel is true. I know that our Savior lives and that He died for all of us. As we come unto Him and live His gospel, He will show us the way to peace and happiness. He truly wants all of us to have that peace and joy and to return to His presence. Our Heavenly Father has given us a perfect plan so that we can grow and achieve our divine potential. He wants all of us to truly realize that we are his children and have an eternal destiny.

Off to packing! Know that your Heavenly Father Is always there for you and will always be by your side. Hope you all have a great week.


Love,

Elder Munro

Elder Lambert, Daniel, Juan, Elder Munro

Elder Lambert, Juan, Elder Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment