Monday, May 9, 2016

Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began...

Dear Family and Friends,

This week went great! It has been a great blessing already being able to serve here in the Helotes and Sanoma Ranch area of Texas. It has been a great blessings being able to work with my new companion Elder Gardner. He has been teaching me a lot about contacting others and in teaching simply the restoration of the gospel. In my studies this week, there was one scripture that I found that I really enjoyed in Alma 26:35: "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name." We have so much reason to rejoice about the gospel and of our Savior and Heavenly Father. He truly is merciful to all who will come unto Him and repent. It is comforting to know that He has all power and comprehends all things. He knows the end from the beginning and is ready to help us on our path and journey home to His presence.

This past week has been great being able to be introduced to the members as well as the investigators in this area. It seemed like all of the members were excited to have an Idahoan in the Ward! It was great hearing their fellowship and I'm excited to be able to help as much as I can in moving the work forward here in this area. It was a pretty big change from my last area geographic wise. There are a lot of mansions as well as very rich neighborhoods in the area that I am in. The people here are very nice and at most seem interested in hearing about the message of the restoration.  I know as we exercise our faith, we will be able to see miracles and find those that are ready and looking for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

On Tuesday, we had the opportunity to do yard work and service for Janice who was just baptized this past November. It was neat being able to hear her story how she found the gospel and is now very strong in the church. I always love to do service and in helping those around me with what ever they need. I love the scripture as well in Mosiah 2:17: "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." When we truly serve others, it is as though we are serving God personally. I know as we look for service around us and do little acts of kindness, a greater light will come into our lives and we will be able to feel of our Savior's love in greater abundance.

This past week on an assignment from Bishop Tuft, we were able to visit with the Rodriguez family in helping them come back to church. David Rodriguez has enormous desires to come back to church as well as to have his girlfriend, Amber take the missionary lessons. We hope that they will be able to get married soon so that we can help Amber with being baptized in a short while. It will be exciting to see the potential in how they both will progress in the gospel and see the blessings come into there lives.

What an amazing opportunity it was yesterday to be able to celebrate Mother's Day! It is such a blessing to have the divine care and love of the mothers around us. I loved the talk given by Elder Holland a few general conferences ago about the blessings of motherhood. He said, "Today I declare from this pulpit what has been said here before: that no love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child." How blessed we are to have the divine love of mothers in our lives. I cannot express how much it means to me to have a loving mother as well as those who have had the motherly character in my life. How amazing it is that we can be in an eternal family through the gospel of our savior Jesus Christ. I know as we live the gospel and live righteous lives, we will qualify to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father along with our loved ones for eternity.

Thank you all for the support and the prayers. You all mean so much to me! Hope you have an amazing week. Love you!


Love,

Elder Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment