Monday, November 14, 2016

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Dear Family and Friends,

Another wonderful week has gone by! It has been a wonderful opportunity for me to serve here in this mission along with my companion Elder Mertens. I have seen him grow and progress at a great pace and it has been neat for me to see his skills and strengths as a missionary grow. He is an amazing missionary and I am truly thankful for this chance to train him this transfer.

I would love to share a scripture that has impacted me much on my mission. It is in D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

This scripture has given me great comfort as I have taught and served others throughout my mission, I have had our Savior's help and guidance throughout that time. At times I have felt heavenly help and support, bearing me up in times of need. I know that that support and direction can be for you as well. In your opportunities to teach others about the gospel and in those moments of trial and hardship, Heavenly help is there to encourage us, support us and bear us up. What an amazing comfort it is to know that our Savior is always there to lift us in time of need.

We had a great week with inspiring visits and lessons. We had the chance to visit with Rene and taught more about the plan of salvation. We focused on the spirit world and how we must live the gospel the best that we can so that we can receive peace in this life and a fulness of joy in the life to come. He has really enjoyed reading the Book of Mormon and we answered a lot of the questions that he had. We hope to include more scriptures from the Book of Mormon in our lessons so that he can feel of the Spirit in greater abundance and learn and grow as well.

We had a neat visit with President Johnson from the Elders Quorum in 3rd Ward where we visited with Bro. Medina who was one of his families for home teaching. We had a small lesson on the importance of families but I could tell that his family really enjoyed the visit and were thankful for us stopping by. I know that home and visiting teaching are wonderful and great blessings for us to engage in here in this church. We have a great opportunity to visit and support our fellow members in this church. I know as we do so with charity which is the pure love of Christ, we will see the divine potential of those we visit with and see them as children of our Heavenly Father.

Yesterday, we had the chance to visit with a less active sister in the Ward and we were able to bring Bro. Karagich who recently got baptized a few months previously. We discussed the importance of gratitude and to look for the many blessings that we have received throughout this year. Bro. Karagich shared many wonderful comments and it was neat for me to see his ability and desire to share the gospel and to share his testimony of what he knew to be true. I know that no matter how great or small our knowledge of the gospel may be, as we share our testimony and love for the gospel, others around us will feel of the light of the gospel and the light of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I give thanks for this wonderful gospel. It has brought so much happiness and joy to my life. It has provided me answers to the questions of the soul and has given me guidance and direction. I truly desire to more fully recognize all of the blessings that I have received because of our Savior's everlasting gospel.

I hope you all have a great week!

With love,

Elder Munro

Service Project with YSA Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment