Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"... let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail."

Dear Family and Friends,

How grateful I am for this gospel! We have a great opportunity this month as Thanksgiving is coming to think back on the past year for the many wonderful blessings that we have received. It has been such a wonderful blessing for me to be able to serve here in this mission and I am grateful for the many lessons and experiences that I have had. I am eternally grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity to share it with others.

I would love to share a few scriptures in D&C 6:34,36-37: "(34) Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.  (36) Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. (37) Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen."

My companion Elder Mertens and I read these scriptures in our studies together and they all stood out to us in profound ways. If we are built upon the rock of our Savior by living His gospel, nothing can lead us astray. We can always look to our Savior and overcome our own personal fears, doubts and hardships. Knowing that He died and suffered for us individually gives us the great realization that He truly loves us so much. He asks us to keep His commandments and to be faithful in the gospel, we will then have the amazing promise of eternal life in His presence.

We had some great visits with a few less active members in the wards that we have been serving in. We had the opportunity to visit with a less active sister, Esther who we shared a message about the importance of prayer and how we can draw closer to our Heavenly Father. It is such a blessing to know that we have a loving Father in Heaven who wants to hear from us and desires to bless us, at times we only need to ask him. We can go to our Heavenly Father with any trouble, trial, or any struggle. He is always there. We visited with the Carter family again and talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how we can overcome our shortcomings and constantly strive to be better. It gives me great comfort to know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can overcome my shortcomings and become more like our Savior, it can be the very same for you as well.

Elder Mertens and I had the great opportunity to go to a Trainer/Trainee meeting in Kyle, Texas and it was a pretty great experience. We were able to be instructed by President Polley as well as his assistants. The meeting brought back many great memories from when I was being trained when I began my mission. Much of the discussion involved the importance in how to baptize and in learning our duties and responsibilities as missionaries. We also talked about using the technology that we have been given to move the work forward in the mission and how to be safe and productive. I know as we use technology to share the gospel with others, we will better help them know of the great blessings that we experience as members of the Lord's restored church. We are so blessed to have such great access to the scriptures and words of Latter-Day prophets.

I know that my Savior and Redeemer lives. I know that His gospel has been restored in these Latter-Days. I am so very thankful to have His truth in my life so that I can find peace through the challenges that I face. He is the source of our greatest help and will always be there to lift us back up. He truly is there to bless in time of need.

Have another wonderful week!


With Love,

Elder Munro

Zone Conference - West Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment