Monday, November 21, 2016

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world...

Dear Family and Friends,

What a marvelous work! This mission has been such a blessing for me to serve in and I am so very thankful for the things that I am learning. I am thankful for the enabling power of Christ's Atonement so that I can become a better missionary and servant of the Lord. It has been a great opportunity for me to continue training Elder Mertens and to see his excitement and love for the work grow. He is a great example of diligence and devoted discipleship and I am thankful for his example to me.

I would love to share a scripture that I read this morning in my studies. It is in Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

I love this scripture because it describes our faith as being an anchor to our souls and would make us sure and steadfast. I know as we have unshakable faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can overcome any trial and any struggle that we face. Later in the chapter it talks about Him preparing a place for us in the mansions of His Father. He is preparing each of us to return to live with him again through the tender mercies and blessings that he bestows upon us. He desires so much to have us back in his presence again.

We had a wonderful lesson with our investigator Estevan where we discussed the importance of prayer and reading from the scriptures. We emphasized the importance in writing down spiritual impressions that he receives and to continue praying for added knowledge as he reads. As we write down impressions as we read, we recognize how the spirit speaks with us and to go back in times of need to learn of the answers that we have received. I know as he reads with real intent with a desire to live according to the teachings of the Book of Mormon, he will find a greater light come into his life and a greater conversion to Jesus Christ and His gospel.

We had a great visit with the Slaughter family who are returning to activity where we discussed how we can overcome life's burdens and trials through our hope and faith in Jesus Christ. We watched a video by Elder David A. Bednar and talked about how we can develop faith in Jesus Christ as we pass through life's difficulties and how they can help us learn and grow. It has been a blessing to see them at church and to experience the many blessings found in the gospel.

I know that my Savior and Redeemer lives. He is our ultimate hope for peace in this life and eternal life in the life to come. I am so very thankful for His Atoning sacrifice so that I can not only become a better missionary day to day but to overcome trials and challenges. This gospel is true and has been restored by the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the priesthood has been restored to the earth and through the ordinances of gospel we can return to our loving Heavenly Father with our families for eternity. This gospel truly is amazing!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
With Love,

Elder Munro
Elder Munro & Elder Mertens at dinner with a member family

No comments:

Post a Comment