Monday, November 9, 2015

And This is Life Eternal...

Howdy from Texas! This past week has been a really great week. I continue to see so many blessings and miracles every day and I am so very thankful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. 

My ponderize scripture is John 17:3 : "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." I love this scripture because as we continue to learn more about our Savior and our Heavenly Father, we are able to prepare for eternal life and to increase our relationships with them here on earth and for the eternities. It will be amazing when we return to live with our Father in Heaven again and realize how much our love and devotion to him has grown.

This past week has been pretty busy! Our district had the opportunity to have dinner with the Hilarios on Tuesday. Their son is serving his mission here in San Antonio too. It's fun being able to meet more and more great families in our area. We have seen so many miracles with contacting the less actives in the 10th Ward. Even though we haven't focused too much of our efforts on our current investigators, we have been blessed with those who are ready to be baptized! We had the chance to teach Obed who could be ready to be baptized tomorrow! We were able to teach him the restoration and the gospel in Spanish. Because we were able to trust in the Lord and work our hardest with our assignment with the less actives, we were able to find so much success. It's hard to express how much we have been blessed with and I know that this is truly the work of the Lord.

On Friday, I had the chance to go on our last companionship exchange for the transfer with Elder Hansen. He taught me so much about being diligent in speaking the Spanish language. It's amazing being able to learn from other missionaries and to see how others teach and practice speaking Spanish. There are so many amazing families that we visited and taught the restoration of the gospel and the plan of salvation. Teaching the gospel has been amazing!

We had the chance on Sunday to have our stake conference!  We were able to watch a live broadcast for many of the stakes in the Southwest. We were able to hear from Elder Dallin H. Oaks who talked about enduring in the last days and continuing faithfully in the church. The spirit was so strong and I am so very thankful for our leaders who guide and direct us in these latter days.

Brain is still looking forward to his baptismal date this next week! He is so prepared and is excited to come unto Christ through entering the waters of baptism. Obed also has a baptismal date for the 13th of December! After he is baptized, he wants to get sealed to his family as well! We have been blessed immensely and I'm hoping that I will be able to stay for this next transfer. I am so very thankful for this experience to be able to see others change and come unto Christ and receive of those blessings that are found in the gospel. I cannot express how many blessings I have received as I have been on my mission. This missionary experience is truly changing me in becoming the missionary and priesthood holder the Lord wants me to become. I have been striving to develop Christ like attributes and to continue to increase my love for the scriptures and the words of the prophets.

Thank you for all the emails. Hope you all have a great week! Love y'all!!

Love,
Elder Munro


Mom: Thanks for sending the pictures!! Looks like everybody had a fun time! It's starting to get a little colder but I have been doing fine, the black jacket that I have has been working out great. I still need to go by the mission office to get the package, I have been so busy! I love keeping busy though and being involved in the work as much as possible. I want so much for time to slow down and enjoy my mission as much as I can, time truly does fly!! I was wondering if I could get a list of birthdays in our family that I could send emails too as well. I bet that birthday surprise was awesome! I want you to know mom that I love you so very much! You have done so much for me and are a true disciple of Jesus Christ. I am eternally blessed to call you mom. I hope that you have an amazing birthday!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment