Monday, November 30, 2015

Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft...

Howdy from Texas! I am so very thankful for this opportunity to be on a mission. My mission thus far has been such a blessing and I am so very thankful for all the things I am learning both temporally and spiritually. I am so very thankful for the miracles that we see all around us. It is such a blessing to be able to help our Heavenly Father in his work. My ponderize scripture this week is Helaman 3:35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God. I love this scripture because as we continuously fast and pray oft, we will have the strength to overcome those trials and challenges that we have in our lives. Through our humility and our consecration to our Heavenly Father, we will grow stronger and stronger in our love and faith in our Savior and our Heavenly Father. We will become truly converted and our foundations upon the gospel will never waver. I am so very thankful for the sure foundation of the gospel and though the world is changing, our Savior's gospel never changes. Our Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today, and forever and will always guide us and lead us on the right path.

This past week has been pretty good! Thanksgiving was really good! We were able to see a few families and we were able to go to the Hilario's for Thanksgiving dinner. Their son just barely got back from his mission and we were able to talk to him about his experiences. I love being in this area. There are so many great members of the church and I am very thankful to be able to serve along with them.

We have still been able to go by Brian's, who just got baptized a few weeks ago. He is doing really well and we have started to give him the laws and ordinances lessons and he is excited to continue on the gospel path! We have still been going by Stephanie Olivaries and Obed's and they both are extremely excited to be baptized this coming December! I am so very thankful for those who are ready to accept the gospel and to start on the path that leads to eternal life.

I am so excited for this Christmas season! I love the spirit of Christmas and being able to remember and celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love the spirit of remembering the gift that our Heavenly Father had given us. Through Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed from sin and ultimately return back home to our Heavenly Father. We have started sharing a video from lds.org called "A Savior Is Born." It's a great video talking about discovering why we need a Savior and why he was born for us. I can't wait for this next month!

Sorry this is a short email but I want you all to know how much I love you!! I love everyone's emails and being able to hear back from home. Hope you all have a great week! Love y'all!

Love,

Elder Munro

Mom on Christmas, instead of a call, I will be able to Skype home! I am so excited to be able to talk to and see you all! I think you can send the package to our apartment complex. We are here pretty often so I think it will be okay. Thanks for the package of clothes! It has been pretty chilly here recently so it has helped out a lot! Thanks for all that you do mom! You mean so much to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment