Monday, November 16, 2015

For My Thoughts Are Not Your Thoughts...

Howdy from Texas! This has been an amazing week! It has been pretty busy with transfers but I will be staying in the SA South zone - 10th Ward for this next transfer! I am so very thankful to be in the Ward and area that I am in. I am so very thankful for this time in my life to be able to help others come unto Christ. I have felt and experienced so many blessings on my mission. I cannot begin to describe how much I have been changing and how much my testimony has grown since I came on my mission.

My ponderize scripture for this next week will be Isaiah 55: 8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." This scripture really made me think about where we are at with our priorities and how we can strengthen our desires and capabilities to make our thoughts and actions inline with His gospel. I know as we follow His gospel and center our thoughts and desires in building His kingdom on the earth, we will experience a mighty change of heart in our lives that increases our abilities to become better disciples of Jesus Christ.

This past Tuesday as we all found out whether we were staying in our areas or if we were going, it turned out that Elder Christensen got transferred to the border by Eagle Pass! He left that next day and I went with the other Elders in our district until transfers this last Thursday. It was awesome being able to teach some lessons with them and to see the investigators that they have. It was great as well to be trained by Elder Christensen, he has helped me gain so many teaching skills that I can use throughout my mission.

Thursday was the day of transfers! Me, Elder Hansen, and Elder Nielsen went to visit the temple just before the meeting, I can't wait to be able to do a session in the San Antonio temple. The spirit was very strong in transfer meeting. We were able to get 7 new missionaries in our mission! I got my new companion/trainer Elder Brough. He is an awesome missionary. He loves to do rock climbing and many other outdoor things. It has been great being able to teach a few lessons with him and do some contacting. I already know this will be a great transfer!

That night of transfers we had the chance to go by and see Joseph Mejia who we haven't been able to contact for the last month. Joseph has a very strong conviction of the gospel but it has been hard this last month to get a hold of him. That night I felt an impression to go see him, so we did and he was there. We had a good short lesson about how our Heavenly Father always answers our prayers and is always there to help us. He felt of the Spirit very strong and desired to meet with the missionaries more. I am so very thankful for the Spirit in that we can receive spiritual promptings and direction from our Heavenly Father so we can help further His work and help others come unto Christ and His gospel. I always want to be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

Yesterday was a very special day for us. We were able to have Brian's baptism and it turned out great. I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for the gospel. It was amazing to see Brian's desire to be baptized increase throughout these past weeks and to see him happy, joyful, and ready to enter the waters of baptism. It was kind of funny because we did the baptism right after church! We were scrambling like crazy but we were prepared. Through out the whole process in getting his baptism ready, I always felt like everything was going to work out and everything was put into place so that he would be baptized. I testify that this is the work of the Lord and that He is always in control. I am so very thankful for His guidance and love in helping me see the miracles all around us and feeling His enabling powers as we help in His work.

My testimony of our Savior and His atonement has grown in so many ways as well as my conviction and conversion to the gospel. Being able to envelop my life in the gospel has been an enormous blessing. The gospel is true and I know it with all my heart. I know that through the gospel, we can experience happiness and peace in this life and the greatest joy in the world to come. Even in the little miracles we see everyday testifies that our Heavenly Father is always there for us and knows the intents and desires of our hearts. As we truly develop and increase our love for our Heavenly Father and savior, we will feel of his enabling power and His grace in our lives. His love for us is truly endless and will always be there to lift us back up when we fall. He is our Savior and Redeemer and through Him, we can return to live with Him again someday.

Thank you for all the emails! I love being able to hear back from family. You all mean so much to me! Hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Munro.

Mom: Thanks for the care package! I love my popcorn! :) thanks for all that you do for me mom. I love you so very much. I hope you had an awesome birthday on Wednesday. Love you forever!!

 Elder Munro, Elder Brough, ??, Brian
 Elder Munro, Elder Hansen, Elder Nielsen at the San Antonio Temple
 Elder Munro

Elder Munro, Elder Brough, ??, Brian, Elder Nielsen

Elder Christensen and Elder Munro saying goodbye on transfer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment