Monday, November 23, 2015

Peace I Leave With You

Howdy from Texas! This has been a very humbling week for me and I am so very thankful for the gospel in my life. I have had a lot of spiritual experiences this past week and my testimony of this gospel and my Savior’s love for me has been growing tremendously. I know as we continuously involve our Savior in every aspect of our lives, we will able to feel of His love more abundantly and more profoundly.

My ponderize scripture for this next week is John ‪14:27‬ : Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I love this scripture because as we continue to seek the Savior through prayer and through our worship and devotion to Him, we will be able to have His peace with us. His peace cannot be counterfeited by anything from the world. He truly knows how to help us in times of need and I am so very thankful for prayer and the ability to have that constant connection to our Heavenly Father. Though the world is drifting further and further from the truth of the gospel, we have our Savior and our Heavenly Father to lead us and guide us through. He is always there to guide us through our trials and challenges.

We had the opportunity this past Wednesday to have our zone conference! Pres. Slaughter talked about how we can have a meaningful Sunday worship and how we can show our Heavenly Father that the Sabbath is a delight. I always loved the Sabbath day back home and even more here out on my mission. The ability to be spiritually refreshed and renewed from the sacrament helps us increase our love for our Savior and to continue strong throughout the next week. I am so very thankful for the Sabbath day to draw closer to my Savior and my Heavenly Father. The Sabbath is truly an amazing blessing in our lives.

We also had many different trainings on how we can improve our teaching through asking inspired questions in lessons and teaching for understanding. I am so very thankful for my Heavenly Father’s help in guiding me in learning and growing as a missionary.

We were able to have our Ward thanksgiving party on Saturday! We were able to see the Olivara family and they’re excited for Stephanie's baptism coming up in December! I am so very thankful for the great members of the 10th Ward. They are always willing to engage in missionary work and fellowship those who need the gospel in their lives.

Brian got confirmed yesterday! It was amazing being able to see him happy and excited to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We have still been going by and teaching him more and helping become familiar with the laws and ordinances of the church. He's an awesome convert!

I want you all to know that your Heavenly Father is always there. He knows the desires and intents of our hearts. He truly wants us to come to him and partake of his love. There is no trial or challenge that is too great for the Savior to help us through. He has felt all of our pains and sorrows and through Him, we can overcome anything. He truly is our Savior and Redeemer and He will always be by our side. The enabling power of His atonement is truly infinite and will always enlarge our souls to become better each day.

Thank you for the emails! I am so very thankful for my family, you all mean everything to me! Hope you all have a great week! Love y'all!!

Love,
Elder Munro



Mom: I got the package! Haha it did explode a little bit! :) That is so funny to hear about Indy haha he is a funny cat! I don't think I got the picture of the tree, it must have not come in right. I can't believe how fast the time is going! Soon it will be Christmas! It will be exciting to talk to you all! Hope you guys have an awesome Thanksgiving!!! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment