Monday, December 7, 2015

For Unto Us a Child is Born...

Howdy from Texas! This past week has been really good. I continue to find many blessings and tender mercies in my mission that have been strengthening my testimony of my Savior and his work. I love this Christmas season and having the opportunity to celebrate the birth of our Savior.  

He truly loves us so much and desires us to come unto him this Christmas season and always. I wanted my ponderize scripture this week to be about the Christmas season and I love the scripture in Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. I love this scripture because of the different names that the scripture gives of our Savior. Reading the many different names of our Savior through out the scriptures gives us a greater testimony of his mission and role as our Savior and Redeemer.

I love being able to read about the birth of our Savior and being able to remember the greatest gift ever given. I love the scripture in John 3:16 : For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Our Heavenly Father truly loves us so much that he gave us ourSavior to overcome physical death and sin so that we may be able to live eternally with him again someday.

This past week has been great! We have been able to see Obed and Stephanie pretty frequently to help them prepare for their baptisms. They’re both ready and excited! We are so excited for this next Sunday to be able to have them baptized and enter the strait and narrow path that leads to eternal life. I am so very thankful for this gospel and for those who truly desire to come unto Christ. I love this work!

We have also been seeing a lot of referrals and less actives. We love helping others be able to become active again in the gospel. It's amazing being able to see the light of the gospel truly lead, guide, and change others to become more like Christ.

We had the opportunity yesterday to watch the Christmas devotional. It was really good! I loved Elder Bednar's talk as well as President Uchtdorf's. It is amazing to know that our Savior is the light of the world and a light that is endless that can never be darkened. I loved how Elder Uchtdorf mentioned theSavior as the “Generous One”. He truly has given us so much and continues to bless us with numerous miracles and tender mercies in our lives. I loved the music too! I love being able to feel of the spirit through music and feeling the love of our Savior.

Tomorrow we'll have the opportunity to see hear from Elder Piño from the quorum of the seventy. We are so excited! We love being able to receive counsel from the Lord’s chosen servants and to be spiritually renewed and strengthened. I am so very thankful for our general authorities who lead and guide us to follow our Savior and to live His gospel. This mission experience has truly been a blessing and I am eternally grateful for this opportunity in my life.

Thanks for all the emails and the Christmas wishes! I love you all so much! Hope you all continue to have a wonderful Christmas time. Love y'all!

Mom: I got the Christmas photos. They look amazing! Brings back a lot of fun memories of home. :) I think we can be able to use FaceTime. I am so excited to be able to see you! The package hasn't come yet but I think it will come tomorrow. Thanks for all that you do for me mom, I feel bad that I don't get to write dad or Kassi that much because we're so busy but I want them to know how much I love them!! Hope you all have a great week. I will let you all know about Elder Piños devotional for next week. We're very excited. Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment