Monday, December 14, 2015

Come unto Christ and be perfected in him...

Howdy from Texas! This has been an amazing week! I have felt of the spirit and my Savior's love in so many ways this week and I am so very thankful for the gospel and for this opportunity to remember the Savior and his tender mercies in our lives. He truly is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. My ponderize scripture for this week is Moroni 10:32 : Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. I love this time of season that we have to come unto Christ and be perfected in him. I know as we continuously strive to be more like the Savior, we will find his grace and his tender mercies in greater abundance in our lives. I know that He lives and that his tender mercies are real. He truly loves us so much and desires us to feel of his love and come unto him.

The meeting with Elder Pino was amazing! The spirit was very strong. We were all able to meet him personally and shake his hand. I am so very thankful for our general authorities and for the Lord's servants. They lead and guide us though these last days and help us live the fullness of the gospel. Elder Pino talked about the reality of our calling and how we are all called by a prophet of God. He also talked about how we are representatives of the Lord, Jesus Christ, and His church. As we continue to improve our teaching abilities and strengthen our testimonies, we will be able to become the servants and missionaries that our Heavenly Father desires us to become. I am so very thankful for his enabling power in my life that I am able to do the things that the Lord would have me do. I testify that He is always there and loves us so very much.

Throughout this past week we have seen so many miracles in the work. We were able to see less actives who were having hard times and were praying for help and guidance as we visited them. I know the Lord guides us to those who need our help and that he is watching over all his children. I know as we pray for eyes to see miracles, we will truly see the hand of the Lord in our lives.

Yesterday we had the opportunity to have Stephanie and Jesse's baptism! It was so amazing being able to feel the spirit and to see them enter the path that leads to eternal life. It was awesome being able to have bro Oliveira baptize them both! He did an amazing job. I am so very thankful for the gospel and for all the blessings that our Heavenly Father gives us. He truly wants us to return home to him with our families someday.

I love this Christmas season! This month is often called by missionaries the "Sabbath of our missions" where we get to increase our love for our Savior and strengthen our desires to live Christ centered lives. He is the light and the life of the world and as we give Him our hearts this Christmas season and always, we will be able to reach our eternal potential and become like our Heavenly Father.

 Thank you all for the emails! I love you all so much! I hope you all have a great Christmas season.

Love,
Elder Munro

Back: Elder Munro, Stephanie, Elder Brough, Front: Jesse

Christmas Tree is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment